Llwyn Onn Manuscripts
Am opsiynau archebu a gweld, dewisiwch Archebu a Gweld
- Ar gadw yn: Denbighshire Archive Service
- Rhif darganfod: DD/LO
- Dyddiad: 1683-1976
- Lefel: Collection
- Maint: 0.081 cubic metres (3 boxes)
- Format: Manuscript
- Disgrifiad: The Jones family resided at Llwyn Onn near Wrexham, Denbighshire, from at least the 15th century. The children of John ap Robert ap Iorwerth of Llwyn Onn were the first to adopt the surname of 'Jones' about the time of Edward IV. They were considered the chief family in the township of Wrexham and at one time nearly all the lands of Abenbury, Erlisham, as well as lands in Eyton and Marchwiel, belonged to them. Due to the gavelkind system, however, the Llwyn Onn branch of the family had its estate in Abenbury reduced to 600 acres by the early 17th century. The Llwyn Onn estate passed down the male line until 1799 when the fourth John Jones (b. c. 1760) left Llwyn Onn to his wife, Penelope, who in turn bequeathed it to her sister, Jane Stead. On her death in 1825 the estate was bequeathed to Thomas Parry Jones (d. 1835), second son of John Jones of Llwyn Onn, who married his cousin Margaret, daughter and co-heiress of Love Parry of Wern Fawr, Penarth, and Madryn, Caernarfonshire, and who assumed the additional Parry name by royal licence in 1807. Their first son, Lt-Gen. Sir Love Parry Jones-Parry, inherited the Madryn estate from his parents. Their second son, Captain Thomas Jones-Parry (1784-1845), acquired Llwyn Onn and Aberdunant. The Aberdunant estate was inherited by Thomas's eldest son, Robert Lloyd (1816-1870), whose son, Thomas Edward John Lloyd, inherited the property of his great-grandfather, Vice Admiral Robert Lloyd which included the Tregayan estate in Anglesey and the Gesail Gyfarch estate in Caernarfonshire. The Llwyn Onn estate, however, passed to Thomas's second son, Thomas Parry Jones-Parry (1828-1909). The fourth and last Thomas Jones-Parry (1869-1909) of Llwyn Onn had one child, Lucie Margaret, who married Sir John Vernon Hughes-Morgan in 1923. When Thomas Jones-Parry died Lucie Margaret and her aunts, Lucie Maria and Gladys Lucie Jones-Parry, became joint trustees of the estate. Lady Hughes-Morgan lived at Llwyn Onn Hall until 1919, when it was leased. Lady Hughes-Morgan was the mother of Thomas Parry Michael Hughes-Morgan who changed his name to Jones-Parry in 1961.
Scope and content: Deeds and estate papers relating to the Llwyn Onn estate, 1757-1950, the Gesail Gyfarch estate, 1798-1863, both Caernarfonshire, and the Tregaian estate, Anglesey, 1761-1807; surveys and valuations, 1859-1942; accounts and vouchers, 1859-1944; correspondence relating to the Llwyn Onn and Gesail Gyfarch estates, 1878-1957; legal records, 1773-1968; plans; and personal papers, mainly genealogical papers.
- System o drefnient: Arranged chronologically into the following: deeds; estate records; plans; photographs; office; family papers; legal records; and miscellaneous.
- Amodau mynediad: This collection is open for research. It is advisable to book in advance, for details and opening hours see http://archives.denbighshire.gov.uk/visit-us/. Access to some documents may be restricted due to Data Protection legislation, Denbighshire Archive Service will advise where this is the case.
- Am ragor o wybodaeth: Denbighshire Archive
Trefnir casgliad i ddangos cyd-destun. Golyga hyn ei fod yn cael ei gatalogio i gadw at y drefn wreiddiol os yw hyn yn bosibl. Bydd y catalog yn cael ei rannu’n is-rannau, megis ffeiliau, eitemau ayyb., a bydd perthynas y rhain i gyd yn gysylltiedig. Yn aml mae gan gasgliad archifol strwythur fel ffolder, os ydynt wedi eu catalogio i’r lefel hyn o fanylder. Bydd yr ymchwilydd yn gallu gweld cyd-destun eitem unigol- fel llythyr, a gweld os yw’n rhan o gyfres, ac os yw’r gyfres yn rhan o gasgliad ehangach. Catalogue Neidio at y ddogfen hon yn yr hierarchaeth
Gweld y ddogfen
Mae’n ddrwg gennym na ellir archebu’r ddogfen hon ymlaen llaw. Archebwch pan y cyrhaeddwch.
Fel arall gallwch ofyn am gopi o’r ddogfen hon trwy fewngofnodi a dewis gofyn am ddyfyniad
Sylwch y gall y cyfyngiadau ar fynediad olygu na ellir rhai eitemau i'w gweld oherwydd ei cyflwr gwael, cyfyngiadau diogelu data, neu gallant fod ar gael mewn fformat arall, megis ar ficroffilm.