Am opsiynau archebu a gweld, dewisiwch Archebu a Gweld
- Ar gadw yn: Denbighshire Archive Service
- Rhif darganfod: DD/GA
- Dyddiad: 1306-c. 1980s
- Lefel: Collection
- Maint: 1.485 cubic metres (53 boxes and 4 outsize bundles)
- Format: Manuscript
- Disgrifiad: The house of Galltfaenan (Alltvaynan) in Henllan, Denbighshire, was purchased by the Salusbury family from the Ravenscrofts of Bretton, Flintshire, in the 16th century. This particular Salusbury family were a branch of the Salusbury family of Lleweni, Denbighshire. The male line of the family ended with the death in 1731 of Edward Salusbury, who bequeathed the estate to his niece, Elizabeth Welshman. She married Dr John Jones of Penyfed, Llangwm, and Penanner, Cerrigydrudion. The estate was inherited by their daughter, Margaret, who married John Jones of Denbigh. She died childless, leaving Galltfaenan to her cousin's son, Col John Lloyd (Salusbury), a descendant through his mother of the Thelwall family of Blaen Iâl, Denbighshire, on condition that he took the surname Salusbury. John Lloyd Salusbury's eldest daughter, Anna Maria, to whom the estate passed, married Townshend Mainwaring of Marchwiel Hall, Flintshire, second son of the Rev. Charles Mainwaring of Oteley Park in 1837. Their heir was Charles Salusbury Mainwaring, a keen genealogist who compiled notebooks on the pedigrees of many families in North Wales and also corresponded with Alfred Neobard Palmer, the Wrexham historian. His heir, Randle Kynaston Lloyd Salusbury Mainwaring, sold Galltfaenan in 1926. According to the 1873 return of owners of land the Galltfaenan estate measured 10,686 acres, all in Denbighshire, with an annual rental of £4,328.
Scope and content: Deeds, 1336-1913, of the Galltfaenan estate in Denbighshire and Flintshire; estate records, [17th cent.]-1946, including rentals and surveys, [17th cent.]-1954, legal papers, 1389-1928, and accounts and vouchers, 1780-1796; family settlements and wills, 1373-1914; sale particulars, mostly for Cerrigydrudion area, Denbighshire, 1797-1914; estate correspondence, 1609, 1682-1946, including letters about the coal mine at Pen-y-Gaer, Cerrigydrudion, 1827-1839; plans, mainly for premises in Cerrigydrudion and Llangwm, [c. 1802]-1913; genealogical notes, including notebooks of C. S. Mainwaring and letters from A. N. Palmer, the Wrexham historian, [18th cent.]-1899; military papers, 1689-1899, including Caernarfonshire militia, 1781, 1804-1892, and Denbighshire militia, 1689-1897; and financial papers, 1576-1908, including papers concerning debts, trust funds, etc., 1576-1908, and investments in Ruthin and Cerrigydrudion Railway Co., 1887-1889,valuations and particulars, 1772-[19th cent.], estate and family accounts and vouchers, 1756-1962, inventories and sale catalogues, 1909-1927, estate and family correspondence, [c. 1763]-1976, maps and plans, 1743-1892, sale plans and particulars, 1791-1913; family wills, 1781-1938, diaries, 1847-1923, genealogical papers, [late 19th cent.]-1985, electoral and other notes, [c. 1860]-[20th cent.], photographs, [19th cent.]-[20th cent.], papers relating to local affairs 1757-[1980s]; and legal papers, 1598-1892.
- System o drefnient: Arranged into the following: deeds; estate records; family papers; office records; military records; financial records; charities; legal papers; and miscellaneous
- Amodau mynediad: This collection is open for research. It is advisable to book in advance, for details and opening hours see http://archives.denbighshire.gov.uk/visit-us/. Access to some documents may be restricted due to Data Protection legislation, Denbighshire Archive Service will advise where this is the case.
- Am ragor o wybodaeth: Denbighshire Archive
Trefnir casgliad i ddangos cyd-destun. Golyga hyn ei fod yn cael ei gatalogio i gadw at y drefn wreiddiol os yw hyn yn bosibl. Bydd y catalog yn cael ei rannu’n is-rannau, megis ffeiliau, eitemau ayyb., a bydd perthynas y rhain i gyd yn gysylltiedig. Yn aml mae gan gasgliad archifol strwythur fel ffolder, os ydynt wedi eu catalogio i’r lefel hyn o fanylder. Bydd yr ymchwilydd yn gallu gweld cyd-destun eitem unigol- fel llythyr, a gweld os yw’n rhan o gyfres, ac os yw’r gyfres yn rhan o gasgliad ehangach. Catalogue Neidio at y ddogfen hon yn yr hierarchaeth
Gweld y ddogfen
Mae’n ddrwg gennym na ellir archebu’r ddogfen hon ymlaen llaw. Archebwch pan y cyrhaeddwch.
Fel arall gallwch ofyn am gopi o’r ddogfen hon trwy fewngofnodi a dewis gofyn am ddyfyniad
Sylwch y gall y cyfyngiadau ar fynediad olygu na ellir rhai eitemau i'w gweld oherwydd ei cyflwr gwael, cyfyngiadau diogelu data, neu gallant fod ar gael mewn fformat arall, megis ar ficroffilm.